Because I’m a task- and goal-driven sort of person, I like to check in on my goals a few times a year. Quarterly-ish seems about right for me, so I’m a little overdue for a check-in. I thought I’d share with you all how I’m doing so far this year, in the hopes that being transparent (and accountable) will help me get back on track!
For the items below, green text means I’m on track, while items in purple need some work.
Theme Verse: Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
I haven’t fully memorized this, which is sad since it’s not even a long verse. I’m going to make it my phone background for a little bit and see if it helps me memorize it. You can, too! Just save the image below:
- Read 2 books/mo (24 total)
- I’ve read 13 so far!
- Write in my prayer journal & mom journal daily
- More or less, I’m doing this. If I forget, I go back and fill in.
- Phone free mornings & one offline day each week
- Doing HORRIBLY at this. I need some accountability/ideas on how to curb my phone use, so if you have any suggestions of things that have worked for you, please let me know in the comments below!
- Have daily one-on-one quiet time with God during kids’ nap time or after their bed time
- I’ve been doing daily readings from She Reads Truth and have really enjoyed it! The great part is they have built in catch up and rest days on Saturdays and Sundays, so it’s not too overwhelming.
- Eat less meat by choosing 1 main meat/week
- I could be doing better about this. It usually ends up being 2 meats per week. Send me some links to your favorite vegetarian recipes in the comments below.
- Be fully present at meals – no cell phone distractions or leaving the table
- Again, doing HORRIBLY at this. I did make one change that has helped with my bad habit of getting up from the table during the meal, and that’s having a pitcher of water in the dining room for meals. Usually my getting up stems from being thirsty (I’m a camel when it comes to drinking water). I could still improve on getting up to put away plates, etc.
- Read a parenting book together with Jonah
- Haven’t even purchased the book yet. I guess this is my nudge to just go ahead and buy it already! This is the book:
- Visit 5 more state parks as a family
- Visit the farmers market 1x/mo after vaccinated for COVID
- Fully vaccinated now, but haven’t made it to the market yet.
- Open college accts for baby #2
- Baby is almost here! Will be on my list of things to do in the next few weeks after she’s born.
- Save towards next home down payment & set up auto-drafts to savings
- I’ve set up the automation! Why did it take me so long to automate this stuff? I should have been doing this for years.
Sooooo it looks like I have some work to do! If you have suggestions or comments, leave them below! How are you doing with your goals so far? Any pro tips? I’d love to hear from you!
Wednesday: Garden Update – The Bolt & The Beautiful
Next Sunday: The Importance of Rest